INGREDIENTS:1. A loaf of multi grain bread
2. Cheese spread, any flavor, one tablespoon(mashed home made cottage cheese is preferable)
3. one medium sized tomato chopped
4. A piece of red, green and yellow bell peppers each chopped
5. one large onion finely chopped.
6. 5-6 cloves of garlic cut in small pieces
7. one tbsp de-seeded green olives, cut in small pieces
8. One medium sized boiled potato (optional)
9. Spring onion few stalks, chopped
10, Cilantro few stalks chopped
11. One small cucumber chopped (optional)
12. A small piece of cabbage finely chopped.
13. One medium sized carrot, grated
14. A teaspoon of canned corn (optional, because I am not in favor of canned, processed food)
15. Among the spices to be added: Salt to taste, pepper, chili flakes, dried roasted garlic powder, mixed herbs seasoning, dried crushed rosemary. Add a sprinkling of all of these.
MODUS OPERENDI : Mix all of these ingredients in a bowl. On one side of each slice of bread spread butter. Put a thick layer of the mixture on each buttered bread. Cover it with the other bread.
Grill these sandwiches, or heat them on a non stick pan on both sides, till they become crispy golden.
Serve either with Green mint coriander chutney, Sweet and spicy garlic tomato chutney, scrambled egg, french fries, a few crunchy fryumms/chips or have it as it is.
It makes for a very healthy , sumptuous breakfast/snack. You will notice the mixed aroma of garlic, and the herbs very appetizing, with the taste of each ingredient pleasing your senses. Try it, and appease your soul. Yumm!!